These instructions are intended for administrators who want to set up our products. You can do this by importing Edex or walking through steps 1 through 7 and you and your colleagues and students can work with our products.
If you already use one of our products and have purchased an additional product, then only run step 4: “Assigning students to the product”.
1. Adding teachers
- To add a teacher go to: Administration – New Teacher.
- You will now see the New Teacher screen.
- Enter all the information except for the field School Classes
- Choose a username and password for the teacher*.
- After entering the information click OK.
- Teachers will receive an email with their username and password, as well as a link to the loginpage.
- Repeat these steps to add more teachers.
*Because of the privacy-sensitive information we would advise you not to choose an obvious password, such as your name. Using a combination of letters and numbers is recommended.
2. Creating school classes
- Go to Administration – School Classes in the backend
- Click on the New School Class button at the bottom of the screen.
- You will now see the Add School Class screen, like in the image below.
- In the Name field you can give the class a short name, allowing you and your colleagues to identify the class. For example: grade 4/5 a, class 1W, etc.
- If you have already created teachers you can click on the teacher’s name in the field following Teachers and link him/her to a class straight away. If you hold the Ctrl-button while clicking teachers’ names you can select several teachers simultaneously. See step 6 for details of how to link teachers later on. Assigning teachers to a School Class.
- After completing these steps click OK.
- Repeat these steps until all classes have a name.
For the administration of a Remedial Teaching practice you will probably create one class to which you will link all your clients.
3. Adding students
You can add students to the product(s) one at a time or simultaneously . During this process you can also assign students to their schoolclass.
3.a Add an individual student
- Go to Administration – New Player.
- You will now see the New Player screen.
- A new student is automatically assigned to all the products you’re subscribed to. You can adjust this by clicking on the products you wish to assign this student to. Until you have specified the product(s) for the student, he or she cannot log in and play.
- Choose which class the student is in from the School Class dropdown menu.
- Choose which grade the student is in from the Grade dropdown menu.
- Choose the student’s gender from the Gender dropdown menu.
- Enter the student’s First Name.
- Enter the student’s Last Name.
- Ten slotte kunt u met Geboortedatum Notatie kiezen uit verschillende manieren om de geboortedatum te noteren.
Note: Note: Do not use punctuation marks as this causes problems logging in.
- For example: Léon enter Leon.
- For example: d’Amie enter d Amie.
- Choose the student’s correct date of birth from the Date of Birth dropdown menu.
- Click OK.
- You can repeat these steps to add an individual student when you wish.
3.b. Adding several students at the same time
- Go to Administration – New Players.
- You will now see the New Players screen, like in the image below.
- At the top of the screen you can indicate how you would like to enter the students. Choose the entry method that suits your school administration best.
- In the School Class dropdown menu you can choose a school class to add students who are in the same class. If you leave this field empty, you can assign the entered students to a class later.
- In the Grade dropdown menu, you can choose to add students who are in a particular year group. If you choose a group here, the Grade column in the table overview at the bottom of the screen will disappear. If you leave this field empty, you can enter the added students from several year groups all at once. You can indicate which age group the student belongs to in the Grade column.
Note: Use the codes from the Grade dropdown menu. For grade 1 (age 5-6 years old), for example, you can enter a 1 and for the first year of secondary school (11-12 years old) enter a 7.
- Using the Name Format dropdown menu, you can choose whether you want to enter the students’ first and last names in separate columns or both names in the same column with a space in between. If you choose to enter the first and last name together, you’ll get a column Full Name at the bottom of the screen.
- Using the Gender Format dropdown menu , you can choose whether you want to enter the gender of the students with: m or f (Male/Female) or with : b or g (Boy/Girl)
- Using the Date Of Birth Format dropdown menu, you can choose how you want to enter the date of birth.
- Once you have completed the top part of the page, you are able to add the students. You can copy-paste each column from your spreadsheet software (e.g. Excel) into these fields. Make sure that each column has the same number of rows. Below you can find an example of a complete and finished screen.
- Once all data are entered click OK.
- Assign the students to the correct class with the School Class dropdown menu if you have not done so already.
4. Assigning students to a product (application)
Students can only use a product when they have been assigned to them. You can do this while adding a student (part 3 of this manual). If you have not done this, follow these steps.
When you order a new product, assign your students to this new product in order to let them work with it. To do this, also follow these steps.
- Go to Administration – Application Assignment.
- You will now see the Application Assignment screen.
- You will find a text field with a dropdown menu. When you click the arrow all of the school classes you have created will appear. Choose the desired schoolclass.
- Now decide which students you want to assign to which of the products. Click after their name to make the assignment
- When you have assigned all players to a product, click OK.
Every time a student is assigned to a product, this uses one licence. For example if 10 students are using 2 products, this totals 20 licenses. Your total number of licenses was determined through your order. If you would like more licenses you can always order more. Click on Order in the upper right corner of the backend to do this.
5. Assigning students to a School Class
- Go to Administration – Assign Players.
- You will now see the Assign Players screen.
- First, choose a school class from the dropdown menu.
- Assign students to a class by clicking on their name in the ‘Players not in a Class’ box, and pressing the ‘Into Class >’ button.
- To move a student out of a class, click on their name and ‘< Out of Class’.
- When you have assigned all players to a class, click OK.
Tip 1:Select several students similtaneously by holding down the Ctrl-button (the CMD-button for apple-users) while clicking students’s names. When you release the Crtl-button and click ‘Into Class >’, you will assign several students at the same time.
Tip 2:If you hold the Shift-button while clicking a student and then clicking another student further down the list, you will also select all the other students in between. When yourelease the Shift-button and click ‘Into Class >’ , you will assign all of these students simultaneously.
6. Assigning teachers to a School Class.
You can assign a teacher to a class when you add the teacher, or you can do this later on in the Assign Teachers screen. Here, you can also link teachers to several school classes. This may be useful for an internal supervisor.
- Go to Administration – Assign Teachers.
- You will now see the Assign Teachers screen.
- In the School Class tab you will find a field with a dropdown menu. When you click the arrow, all of the school classes you have created will appear.
- Below you will see two boxes. The Unassigned Teachers box and the Assigned Teachers box. First select a school class from the dropdown menu following School Class (click on the little blue arrow to make the dropdown menu appear. Go to a class, which will turn blue, and click it.)
- Select the correct teacher for ssethis class from the Unassigned Teachers box by clicking their name, and assign them to the class by clicking the Into Class> button.
- To remove a teacher from the class, click the teacher that is incorrectly assigned in the Assigned Teachers box and then click the <Out of Class button to unlink the teacher.
- When you have assigned all clas to a teacher, click OK.
Tip: Select several teachers simultaneously by holding the Ctrl-button while clicking teachers’ names.. When you release the Crtl-button and click Assign >, you will link several teachers at the same time.
7. Checking your data
The final step is checking the entered information to verify that you haven’t forgotten anybody, and that all students have been linked to the correct school class and product.
- Go to Administration – Users.
- You will now see an overview of the users of your school or organization.
- Users can be: players, teachers or administrators.
- You can find the different kinds of users via the tabs at the top of the page.
- Go to Administration – School Classes.
- You will now see the School Classes screen.
- Here, you will see an overview of all the school classes you have entered.
- In the Actions column you can choose to View.
- You will now see the School Class screen.
- You will then see an overview of which teacher and which students are linked to the chosen class.
- Via the Assign Teachers button and the Assign Players button, you can enter any changes, if desired.
8. Deactivating a student’s account
Students who have been out of school, or students who for any reason no longer use our products, can be deactivated or unassigned from a product. Once you have deactivated a student you cannot keep and view their results. You can still keep and view the results if you unassign the student. To unassign a student use the following steps:
- Go to Administration – Assign players and remove the student from the school class.
- Go to Administration – Application Assignment and disconnect the student from the product license.
If you wish to remove the results and data of a (former) student, you can choose the option Deactivate. With this function you permanently remove the information from your backend.
- Go to Administration – Deactivate.
- Choose behind Role which type of users you would like to deactivate.
- Select Player and select the students you would like to deactivate.
- Click on OK.
9. Holiday Mode
Use the holiday mode if you don’t want your students to be disadvantaged for not playing regularly during the holidays.
- Go to Administration – Holiday Mode.
- Enter the start and end date of the holiday.
- If you enter new dates, you will overwrite the effect of your previous holiday mode.
- With the Holiday Mode, students can still use our products but there will be no withering of the games.
Note: If you are create a new holiday mode separately for each product. Click on ‘change’ in the upper right corner of the backend to use the holiday mode for other products. This is only possible if you’re subscribed to multiple products of Oefenweb.
If you have any problems setting up your administration, please email us at email@example.com.